Located on High St. in Lyons Falls, the Gould Mansion was built in 1902 by Gordias H.P. Gould, the founder of Gould Paper Company. The mansion and its accompanying buildings, the carriage house, the barn, and the office building, were all built across from the Gould Paper Company. The Gould Mansion was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. The carriage house now houses the Lyons Falls Free Library.
Sign reads: "SITE OF THREE-WAY BRIDGE CROSSING MOOSE AND BLACK RIVERS 1849-1964." The 3-Way Bridge was built in 1849 and connected the Greig Road, Laura Street, and Franklin Street. The original wooden bridge was refurbished in 1916 and was turned into a steel bridge.The 3-Way Bridge at Lyons Falls was the only one in the United States.The bridge was torn down in 1965 and separate bridges were built over the Black River and Moose River. (Lyons Falls History Association).
Located at 4036 Lyons Falls Rd. "The Pines" was the historic home of Mary L. Fisher, daughter of Lyman R. Lyon, an early pioneer of Lewis County.
"The Pines" has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Mansion B & B was previously the home of Florence L. Merriam, another daughter of Lyman R. Lyon.
This historic place is now the home of Mike, Kathy and Nick Ziemke.